E Pluribus Unum - Out of Many, One

Alternatively, many local volunteer and social organizations offer personalized help in managing your direct payments and compiling your care plan. These organizations are independent of your local authority. After evaluation, you will receive a care plan. This is a written agreement that indicates what needs you have and what your local authority will meet. For example, Disability Rights UK provides advice on direct payments and the employment of a tutor. Visit the Disability Rights UK website or call your helpline on 0330 995 0404. When you are applying for care services for the first time, your social worker should discuss the direct payment option with you when assessing your care needs. If you can`t manage your own direct payments or appoint someone else, another person can apply to become an authorized person. It may be a friend or family member. You then manage your direct payments on your behalf. When you use your direct payments to hire a tutor, you take on certain tasks as an employer.

Organizations that monitor the quality of care services also have online directories that allow you to search for nurses and home care institutions: the municipality must ensure that payments are made to the care agreed in your care plan. You can offer a list of authorized providers on offer, but you can use other providers and other types of services if they meet your care needs. If your requirements change, contact your local authority as soon as possible so they can reassess the amount of payments needed. You may be entitled to more money. Direct payments must be sufficient to meet the needs of their premises, which you have assessed by your local authority. You can create a bank account to receive your direct payments and pay for care. If you do, it`s easy to track your expenses and you can then send the full account snippet to your local authority. You cannot use direct payments to pay for the informal care of a spouse, partner or close relative who lives with you, unless they are registered as guardians. In England, however, you can pay them for the management of your direct payments. The specific rules for direct payments vary from country to country. Talk to your social worker or contact your local authority to find out the rules that apply to you.

If the local authority decides that you cannot accommodate direct payments, they can provide direct services if there is no one near you who can manage them. Direct payments go directly to your bank account, post, construction credit union or national savings. But be aware that you can`t spend that money on anything. If you are already receiving care, ask your local authority for direct payments. If you no longer want to manage direct payments yourself, your municipality is legally required to arrange services instead. Even if you accept direct payments from your local authority, you can then change your mind and ask them to provide services instead. You can do this if you have difficulty managing payments, for example.B. If you use the money to pay a caregiver, it may be at an additional cost to your employer. For example, hiring costs, employer pension and social security contributions and income tax.


Comments are closed.